Booking for COVID-19 Boosters are now open. The booster shots will commence from the 1st April 2023.
Second COVID-19 Booster - is available to anyone 30+, as long as it’s been at least 6 months since their last COVID-19 booster or positive COVID-19 test.
Third COVID-19 Booster - An additional booster dose will be made available to:
- anyone aged 30 and over who has completed a primary course, as long as it’s been at least 6 months since their last COVID-19 booster or positive COVID-19 test.
- anyone at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 who has completed a primary course of COVID-19 vaccines, as long as it’s been at least 6 months since their last COVID-19 booster or positive COVID-19 test.
These high-risk groups include:
- people aged 65 years and over
- Māori and Pacific peoples aged 50 years and over
- residents of aged care and disability care facilities
- severely immunocompromised people
- people aged 16 years and over who have a medical condition that increases the risk of severe breakthrough COVID-19 illness
- people aged 16 years and over who live with disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities.
In all instances the additional booster dose can only be administered to eligible people who have completed a primary COVID-19 vaccination course, and whose most recent COVID-19 vaccine or positive COVID-19 test was at least 6 months ago, irrespective of how many prior booster doses that person has received.
You can book through Book My Vaccine, or give us a call on 06 877 8222.
To book online at Gilmours Pharmacy either type Gilmours or our postcode, 4130 into the search box and we will pop up as your vaccination clinic. Bookings are essential.
The post-vaccination observation period for the flu vaccination:
- Influenza only: 20 minutes or five minutes - see below*
- Concomitant influenza and Covid-19: 15 minutes
*The post-vaccination observation can only be reduced to five minutes if the person is only receiving the flu vaccine and meets all the following criteria:
- Is aged 13 years and over
- Does not have a history of severe allergic reactions
- Has been assessed for any immediate post-vaccination adverse reactions
- Are aware of when they need to and how to seek post-vaccination advice
- Will have another adult with them for the first 20 minutes post-vaccination
- Will not drive, skate, scoot, ride a bike or operate machinery until 20 minutes post-vaccination
- Has the ability to contact emergency services if required.