Food Intolerance Testing (ALCAT)
The Alcat Test may help uncover which foods and other substances trigger chronic inflammation and its related health issues such as gastrointestinal, metabolic disorders, weight gain and others.
The Alcat Test measures cellular reactions to 200 foods, 20 Food Additives and Chemicals, Moulds, Common Pharmaceuticals and Environmental Chemicals.
Medical studies using the Alcat Test to guide diet have shown significant improvement of many common symptoms:
- Gastrointestinal disorders, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), indigestion, constipation, nausea, diarrhoea, bloating, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's Disease
- Metabolic disorders, such as obesity, Type II diabetes, inability to lose weight
- Inflammatory conditions, such as eczema, psoriasis, arthritis or asthma, autoimmune disorders
- Others, such as fatigue, headache, migraine, cognitive impairment (Scientific References may be found at cellsciencesystems.com)
The Power of Knowing
There is a new paradigm in health and medicine - personalisation. Health can be improved and maintained by knowing how food plays a role in your body.
The results from the Alcat Test can help determine which foods and other substances may trigger unwanted inflammation. The personalised nutrition plan based on your immune response can assist with food choices that are better for your health and well-being.
How it Works
A small sample of your blood is sent to the laboratory overnight. Upon receiving the sample, the blood goes through a multi-step quality assurance process. During testing, your white blood cells are tested against foods and other substances in a process known as flow cytometry and cell impedance methodology. After testing, the results are presented in a clear and easy to read color-coded format.
Clear, Easy to Follow Test Results
Utilizing Alcat Test results to create an individualized nutrition plan, based on your immune system, enables you to make food choices that are better suited for your health and well-being. With the Alcat Test many clinical symptoms associated with food and chemical sensitivities can be substantially improved or possibly prevented altogether.
Test results include:
- Easy to understand color-coded test report.
- Foods to avoid list.
- Comprehensive "Understanding Your Alcat Test Results" Guidebook.
- Personalized rotation plan.
Sensitivity vs. Allergy
An allergy is a reaction that triggers the release of antibodies that results in immediate symptom onset. A true food allergy causes an immune response that can affect multiple organs and in some cases, be severe or even life threatening. Food sensitivity symptoms are delayed and are typically limited to digestive problems, but they can lead to chronic inflammatory health issues.
ALCAT Testing is available at Gilmours Havelock North Pharmacy
Contact Liz Dixon: Ph 06 877 8222
Pharmacist and Accredited ALCAT Practitioner